The Brown Earth Church, or the “Old Indian Church,” was built in 1877 by Sisseton and Wahpeton Indians. It is on the National Register of Historic Places and is operated by the Grant County Historical Society. The church is located two miles east of Stockholm on Highway 20, then one mile north and one-quarter mile west. It has served different purposes over the years and is now a quaint location for weddings. Contact us by email or phone for more information and availability.